Why food poisoning is dangerous?
In this blog, we will cover the reasons why food poisoning is dangerous.
First, we should have a preview of what is food poisoning and what causes food poisoning, and then we proceed to the reason…
Food poisoning is a food-borne illness due to infectious organisms or their toxins. This is an illness that is caused by the consumption of contaminated food or toxic food.
Organisms that are infectious, such as bacteria, viruses, and parasites cause contamination. Contamination occurs at any time throughout the process of cooking to eating.
According to studies, up to 48 million people suffer from food poisoning in the US. If we go through the numbers, 128,000 people out of this 48 million got hospitalized each year.
Food poisoning is a dangerous illness because it leads to death sometimes. The food poison symptoms are nausea, vomiting, weakness, mild fever, headache, and abdominal cramps.
Most of the time, it occurs due to the most common food poisoning bacteria salmonella. Let’s get to know the reasons why food poisoning is dangerous…
Why Food Poisoning is Dangerous?
5 Major Risks Associated with Food Poisoning are explained below…
Various reasons can prove why this illness is dangerous. The reasons are the following:
1. It is a Painful Experience
You can feel severe stomach pain and headache during this illness. The area between the ribs and pelvis keeps aching for in while.
The reason for this painful experience is a toxin that is produced by harmful organisms that reach inside the stomach.
This toxin irritates the lining of the stomach and intestines, which causes abdomen pain. It also results in inflammation inside the stomach.
2. It Creates Discomfort
As we discussed, food poisoning causes pain and inflammation inside the stomach. This pain and inflammation create discomfort for the individual.
The toxins irritate the patient so much that they aren’t able to rest properly. It causes cramps and makes you feel queasy the whole time.
You feel uneasy during food poisoning for up to 5-10 days. This discomfort is normal during the illness by foodborne.
3. It Makes You Weak
Weakness is very normal in food poisoning, as it also includes tiredness. People who do suffer from this illness lose their appetite; they eat less due to their appetite.
Due to eating less than a usual meal as much the body needs, they start feeling weak. Then everything feels hard to do, even going to the washroom.
In that situation doing rest and listening to the body’s needs is the best thing you can do.
4. It Causes Long-Term Effects
Most of the time this illness has mild symptoms only, which is not so dangerous. But sometimes, food poisoning leads to some very serious problems which had long-term effects.
The infections it causes can lead to chronic arthritis, kidney diseases, or even brain and nerve damage. People need to get hospitalized due to the illness of food poisoning.
5. It Can Be Fatal
As we got to know that it can cause some long-term effects of serious health issues. When it comes to the brain, some infections due to food poisoning can damage the brain as well.
So, in these cases, this illness can be fatal in nature. People with underlying health conditions are at higher risk such as aged people whose age is 65 or more, children within 5, diabetics, people with AIDS, cancer patients, pregnant ladies, and many more.
These serious health conditions can lead to death sometimes.
So, these are the reasons why this illness is considered dangerous. Then what can be the food poisoning treatment?
As there are treatments available for this illness, before that the doctor will look for the symptoms and diagnose you.
During food poisoning, the individual has to receive salts and fluids through the veins for preventing dehydration.
The doctor will prescribe medicines and insulin after that. There are also home remedies for food poisoning you can try.
In this blog, we have discussed the reasons why food poisoning is dangerous. As we got to know so much about it, we should know how to prevent it.
All you have to do is just eat good and healthy. Good food clearly stands for hygienic and nutritious.
Make sure your kitchen area is always clean, or wherever you got to eat those places much maintain the hygiene. Always wash your hands before and after eating food. Do not let anything come in contact with your mouth if it is not eatable and hygienic.
Not all cases of food poisoning are serious, you can treat them at home also. If you ever experience the symptoms, just take proper rest, eat healthful food, and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
You can also take help from the pharmacist, as they will suggest you right medications.
Hope the above information helps…!